Shane Mann Ruff
3 Akron Street, Cartersville, Georgia 30120
(630) 846-1450 (773) 359-3294
Online Resume`/ Portfolio available at: http://www.shaneruff.com
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bringing over 20 years of Management experience including the ability to strategically plan, allocate and coordinate people and resources. I bring the skills of a top-level communicator, leader, and motivator.
• A top producer, I know the importance of setting goals and the promotion of products and services. Being able to provide customer service, including need assessment, meeting quality standards and evaluating customer satisfaction.
• Staying on top of technology I am ranked on freelance sites in the top 30% of Final Cut Pro Editors and top 20% Photoshop Editors. My background includes over 13 years in Television and Radio, which give me extensive working knowledge of most studio and field production equipment. I am Proficient, certified and creative in use of Adobe CS6 professional programs including Premiere Pro, Audition, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro X. I have a working familiarity with FCP 6 and Apple Compressor for audio/video media compression and encoding applications. As a Photojournalist and field reporter, I compiled ENG/EFP packages using Pro / Prosumer or DSLR camera and audio equipment. I have written and produced broadcast copy for newscasts, and over 500 Radio and Television Spots. Performing On Air Live or packaged reports, I have conducted hundreds of interviews, from the man on the street, to political, to sports. During my radio career, I spent 8 seasons covering the Chicago Wolves (IHL/AHL) and Chicago Blackhawks (NHL) Professional Hockey franchises. As Director of Operations, equipment maintenance fell under my jurisdiction. Through this I became an excellent trouble-shooter. I also recommended, purchased and trained employees on new equipment for the studio.
Owner (Freelance A/V Production - A/V Event Technician ) 2001-Present
Ruff Cut A/V, (St. Shane Productions), Naperville, Illinois
- Freelance Audio/Video Production specializing in NLE using Adobe Premiere Pr CS6, Adobe Audition CS6 and Final Cut Pro (X).
- Prosumer Cameras and DSLR shooting. Studio/ENG/EFP Camera, Audio and Video, Set up and Strike.
- Audio/Video Event Technician. Responsible for the floor operations, including set-up, removal and operations of technology equipment in a hotel environment with a focus on customer service and providing an overall positive experience for guest/client.
- Clients include Audio Visual One, Chicago (www.AudioVisualOne.com ), AV Leads (www.AVLeads.com), Encore (Freeman) Event Technology, (www.encore-us.com), Oneway Ministries editing Prayercast video presentations (www.Prayercast.com), TLN (Total Living Network) Network, Chicago. (www.TLN.com).
Real Estate Broker-Agent - Realtor® (Self Employed/Contract Employee) 2002 - April 2016
(Prior Brokerages- RANI, United Real Estate, Andersen Executive, Coldwell Banker)
- Real Estate Agent. Multi-Million Dollar producer.
- Worked with the purchase, sale, and rentals of residential, commercial and land properties.
- All aspects of operating my own business, including setting goals, budgets, obtaining and representing clients, running all advertising of properties including maintaining an internet website.(www.TheRuffHousingTeam.com).
- Ranked top 100 in Sales of Chicagoland area Realtors with Coldwell Banker on multiple occasions.
- Constructed a personal team of Mortgage / Lender /Financing/Banks, Legal (Lawyers, Title companies), Home Inspectors and others to assist at my direction in the purchase or sale of Real Estate.
- Utilized my expertise on Adobe software to expertly market properties and personal business.
General Manager/Director of Operations/Production Director
WYPA AM820 / WAUR AM930 - Catholic Family Radio, Chicago, Illinois 1998-2002
- In charge of all aspects of the day-to-day operations of a broadcast facility. Programming, promotion, and imaging of station. Hiring, training, and dismissal of air-talent, producers, board operators, and engineers. Purchase, installation, and maintenance of all studio and transmitter equipment. Station budgets. FCC Compliance.
- Oversaw the construction of the Naperville and Chicago studios.
- Handling major portions of the sales and due diligence of the Chicago and Naperville properties upon the disbanding of the network.
General Manager/Director of Operations
WJJG AM1530, Elmhurst (Chicago), Illinois 1994-1998
- Day to day operations of a broadcast facility. Responsible for the overall on-air sound of the station. Responsible for the hiring and dismissal of on-air board operators, talent, and engineers.
- Purchase and maintenance and installation of on-air and production studio and all transmitter site equipment.
- Writing copy and producing spots. On-air talent. Produced, directed and hosted "DuPage Tonight" a local community affairs show. Produced local shows. Sold air time for local programming. Traffic for billing of spots and air time. Station budgets. FCC Compliance. With assistance from the Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce, developed local car cruise night and hosted the remote broadcast show "Cool Cars Under The Stars".
Account Executive / Production Assistant
WCCQ FM 98.3, Joliet, Illinois 1991-1993
- Sale of commercial air time. Prospected and maintained clients.
- Created, wrote and produced own spots for air. Fill in board operator. Set up for live promotional remotes.
WIFR TV (CBS Affiliate), Rockford, Illinois 1989-1991
- Responsible for videography in the field daily, resulting in stories presented in the newscast.
- Interviewing subjects in the field and reporting independently. Editing footage for use in stories. Assisting reporters with the compilation of stories. Responded to breaking news and spot news with urgency and flexibility.
- Assisted in management and maintenance of field gear and fleet. Assisted in Studio with newscast as needed (Studio Camera/Teleprompter/Floor Director, et al.).
WLUV AM & FM, Loves Park/Rockford, Illinois 1989-1991
- On Air Talent and Programming of an AM/FM combo station.
- Conducted on air interviews.
- Responsible for station imaging, production, and programming automation.
Other Relevant Work Experience:
- Sales/Guitar Department - Guitar Center, Naperville, Aurora Illinois 2009-2010
- Radio & Television Instructor - Illinois Center for Broadcasting, Lombard, Illinois 1996-1999
- Production/Studio Camera -The Doug Buffone Sports Magazine, (Sports Channel/Chicago) 1995-1996
- Program/Music Director, On-Air -WCSF AM & FM, Joliet, Illinois 1987-1989
- Courier/Editor - WGBO TV66, Chicago/Joliet, IL 1987-1989
Michigan State University School of Journalism (Coursera .org)
Certificate in Journalism
- (News Reporting –Become a Journalist: Report the News)
- (What is News)
- (Gathering and Developing the News)
- (Journalism the future, and you!)
- (Effectively delivering the news to your audience)
- (Capstone Project)
Peer Mentor ‘What is News’ class - Fall 2016/Spring 2017
College (University) of St. Francis, Joliet, Illinois
Bachelor of Arts Degree Major: Communications/Journalism (Broadcasting)
Joliet Junior College, Joliet, Illinois
Associate in Applied Science Degree in Accounting
Outstanding Service Award (WCSF Radio)(1988,1989)
Outstanding College Students of America (1985,1989)
Phi Theta Kappa (National Honor Society) - Alpha Lambda Phi Chapter (1985)
Udemy Online Course Work
Achieved Master Class Certification in Final Cut Pro X, Premiere Pro (CS6), Adobe Audition (CS6) ,
Adobe Photoshop (CS6), Adobe After Effects (CS6)
Additional coursework in Television Production at www.cybercollege.com/tvp_ind.htm